Slightly over one year after the introduction of HealthCoach in the G50s, handmade washing stations can be easily noticed almost everywhere in homes, schools and bars. Indeed, farmers have been taught how to make them by government social workers. At the same time, the informative short videos they have in the tablets always help to enhance the awareness but also increase their knowledge of the barrier rules. The battle against Covid 19 is not yet won. It takes daily action to protect oneself and the whole community and farmers understood it very well.
As an MA, I have the privilege to be on the front line of the G50 network and to get a hands on experience in helping rural communities gain in financial and social inclusion. The fact that we work in a network has taught me the power of a team work. The whole system relies in the capacity of all the agents to collaborate efficiently and share information timely and through that I can attest that it brings good results.
I follow up closely the evolution of G50s in Karusi where I am based and I see a real improvement in the members’ lives. The trainings farmers get in Agriculture through AgriCoach are truly a game-changer in fighting against hunger and poverty. Slowly by slowly, I have seen farmers with small fields get more yields as they continually apply the methods they are being taught. Myself, I practice those methods on my own fields and get to enjoy good yields.
In terms of financial inclusion, now it is easier for farmers to save money, order fertilizers and seeds alongside other services using the technology in UMVA System. Not only farmers, even for me as an MA that technology allows us to save and plan for the future.
- AgriCoach V1a successfully launched in Burundi on the UMVA tablet.
- 3.300 farmers/households are using the weatherforecast to better plan their agricultural activities
- Smart farming geodata platform implemented into the UMVA system
- REGISTRATION APP launched for on line and off line use
- MAPPING APP launched for on line mapping
- GIZ awards grant to AUXFIN and partners for IDDEA project in UGANDA
- UMVA PAYMENT APP and POS APP used for rainmetering in Burundi
- JEANNE tool for communication and chatbot used for M&E
- Scoping mission Sudan
- start potato supply chain Kenya
- Waterwatch included
- NSO awards grant to AUXFIN and partners for GAP4A project in Burundi
- UMVA and PosteCash Senegal announce interoperability
- AUXFIN and UMVA present at IFAD marketplace in UN headquarters in New York.
- Launch of UMVA in Mali with support from Mastercard Foundation's Fund for Rural Prosperity
- Connecting UMVA solutions with GEO DATA
- UMVA PAYMENT APP and POS APP
- JEANNE tool for communication and chatbot, with incident reporting
- AfDB commissioned market study for the introduction of UMVA in Mali, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso
- Introduction of UMVA in Italy with support from IOM
- Scoping mission in Lebanon to enable Cash Assistance with UMVA
- Burundi growing to 170.000 families (1 million people)
- POSTE-CASH with UMVA link with 3000 access points in Senegal
- UMVA COOP fase 1 implemented
- GEO developed
- SALPOST introduces POSTUMVA in Sierra Leone on 16th of June, the international day of family remittances
- UMVA projects in Burundi reach 30.000 families
- CAP solution introduced, with 6 pillars
- UMVA AGENT introduced
- AfDB provides a grant to our partner in Senegal to leverage the UMVA service towards financial inclusion
- Study to use UMVA in refugee camps in Kurdistan
- Introduction of community activation in Burundi
- Rabobank funds our partner in Senegal to introduce the UMVA service across its branch network
- Introduction of UMVA in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Creation of AUXFIN Burundi
- First implementation for payment process on the PSEB fertilizer project
- Introduction of UMVA in France
- Development of UMVA LOAN solution
- School registration system installed in Nepal
- Introduction of UMVA in Spain
- UMVA Bank developed with focus on SACCO’s
- Birth of AUXFIN International to boost the implementation of the UMVA solutions
- Launch of UMVA pilot in Senegal with support from IFAD
- UMVA Client developed with focus on international transfers