Shadrack Niyonkuru is a group leader from Kanyereza GR1, Nzibariba area, Buhiga district in Karusi province. In his group, the G50's approach has helped them take care of their respective needs by cultivating for each other. They plan ahead of time, get together and go to work in one of their fields. In return, the owner(one of the group members) pays them 300bif each to work from early morning until 11am.
“Because of this mutual aid, we no longer have to hire daily workers who cost us food and money. We will work in a single field, get paid 300bif and return home at 11 am to eat from there ”explains Shadrack Niyonkuru.
In addition, when one of them from the G50 falls sick and is admitted to the hospital, they can pay for his medical insurance. Sometimes it is a family member who gets sick; they also support the family. The group members continue to work in the field in the absence of the sick member or they pay his hospital bill and he can return home as soon as he is cured.
“On the other hand, we have a common field that belongs to the whole group. To get this land, we started cultivating for each other as a group for about 5 months. When we got the money that we had been working for, we gathered it and looked for someone who had land of almost an acre and we rented it. In this property, we implement the good agricultural practices learned through Agricoach, and each member of the group learns goes to apply the knowledge in his own field ”says Shadrack N.
Being in a G50 is indeed useful for members who understand all of its advantages.
Slightly over one year after the introduction of HealthCoach in the G50s, handmade washing stations can be easily noticed almost everywhere in homes, schools and bars. Indeed, farmers have been taught how to make them by government social workers. At the same time, the informative short videos they have in the tablets always help to enhance the awareness but also increase their knowledge of the barrier rules. The battle against Covid 19 is not yet won. It takes daily action to protect oneself and the whole community and farmers understood it very well.
- AgriCoach V1a successfully launched in Burundi on the UMVA tablet.
- 3.300 farmers/households are using the weatherforecast to better plan their agricultural activities
- Smart farming geodata platform implemented into the UMVA system
- REGISTRATION APP launched for on line and off line use
- MAPPING APP launched for on line mapping
- GIZ awards grant to AUXFIN and partners for IDDEA project in UGANDA
- UMVA PAYMENT APP and POS APP used for rainmetering in Burundi
- JEANNE tool for communication and chatbot used for M&E
- Scoping mission Sudan
- start potato supply chain Kenya
- Waterwatch included
- NSO awards grant to AUXFIN and partners for GAP4A project in Burundi
- UMVA and PosteCash Senegal announce interoperability
- AUXFIN and UMVA present at IFAD marketplace in UN headquarters in New York.
- Launch of UMVA in Mali with support from Mastercard Foundation's Fund for Rural Prosperity
- Connecting UMVA solutions with GEO DATA
- UMVA PAYMENT APP and POS APP
- JEANNE tool for communication and chatbot, with incident reporting
- AfDB commissioned market study for the introduction of UMVA in Mali, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso
- Introduction of UMVA in Italy with support from IOM
- Scoping mission in Lebanon to enable Cash Assistance with UMVA
- Burundi growing to 170.000 families (1 million people)
- POSTE-CASH with UMVA link with 3000 access points in Senegal
- UMVA COOP fase 1 implemented
- GEO developed
- SALPOST introduces POSTUMVA in Sierra Leone on 16th of June, the international day of family remittances
- UMVA projects in Burundi reach 30.000 families
- CAP solution introduced, with 6 pillars
- UMVA AGENT introduced
- AfDB provides a grant to our partner in Senegal to leverage the UMVA service towards financial inclusion
- Study to use UMVA in refugee camps in Kurdistan
- Introduction of community activation in Burundi
- Rabobank funds our partner in Senegal to introduce the UMVA service across its branch network
- Introduction of UMVA in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Creation of AUXFIN Burundi
- First implementation for payment process on the PSEB fertilizer project
- Introduction of UMVA in France
- Development of UMVA LOAN solution
- School registration system installed in Nepal
- Introduction of UMVA in Spain
- UMVA Bank developed with focus on SACCO’s
- Birth of AUXFIN International to boost the implementation of the UMVA solutions
- Launch of UMVA pilot in Senegal with support from IFAD
- UMVA Client developed with focus on international transfers